About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wellington, Picton, and Queen Charlotte Track (Day 1)


November 16-18th, 2007

I caught the afternoon bus from National Park to Wellington. Wellington was a great city with a lot of night life and great restaurants. After Wellington, I caught the ferry to Picton on the South Island. It is a beautiful boat trip with great scenery for about 3 hrs. You can save the $65 dollar ferry boat fee if you decide to skydive from Wellington. You leave Wellington but land in Picton and the plane brings your baggage. Nice alternative, though a little more expensive.
Picton is a nice little town which is the center for trips to the Queen Charlotte Track, Abel Tasman Track or wine tours of the Marlborough region. I completed the Queen Charlotte Track in 3 days. It was more difficult than I expected mainly because one day was 35 kilometers. It was supposed to be 4 days but I walked past my accomodations. lol The Track is up and down the mountains every day but the scenery was unbelievable. Definitely a must do.










































































































































No comments: