About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Queen Charlotte Track (Day 2)

November 19, 2007

Today was supposed to be an easy 2-3 hr walk to my next hut. Somehow I missed Naolines Homestay and by the time I realized it (3 large hills and about 2 miles) I decided to continue to the next place that I had booked. I had started at 9 am and arrived at my next destination (Debritts) at 7 pm and one day early. 35 kilimoters (21 miles) in all with the hardest part of the track this day. The owners called the place I was supposed to stay and she was worried because I was 9 hrs late. Another thing I didn't realize, most trekkers or trampers as they say in NZ let the water taxis take their baggage from hut to hut so that you don't have to carry all that weight. I thought only a few wimps did this but I found out that I was the 1 in a 100 that carried my own bag which now weighs about 25 lbs.

No comments: